5 Tips to Decorating Your Home for the Holidays
- Stick to your holiday color scheme. One of the most classic Christmas holiday color palettes is to use neutrals with pops of red and green. Others may choose to have pastels be the focus of all of their decor or perhaps metallics and neutrals!
- Try adding natural elements to your decor. Achieve a cozy holiday home by adding natural elements and greenery throughout the house. You can choose to buy a real Christmas tree, incorporate trimmings from a Christmas tree throughout your mantle and other areas of the house, pine cones from outdoors, or tall branches with fairy lighting. The possibilities are endless!
- When in doubt, add lights. Add warmth and sparkle to your holiday decor with string lights, lanterns, candles, or tall pillar lights stacked on top of books.
- Switch up throw pillows and blankets. A simple way to switch things up for the holidays is to replace your lightweight cottons and linens with cozy, chunky textures. You can choose from textures like knits and velvets, or patterns like plaid. Simply add an accent item like a cozy throw on the arm of a chair or throw pillows in fresh colors to create warmth by adding nice pops of holiday color and texture without much effort. Another creative way to weave texture into your decor is by placing an oversized knit blanket at the bottom of your tree in lieu of a tree skirt.
- Accents are your friends! Bring some personality to your theme by adding little knick knacks for some charm. Fill your shelves with a focal art piece, some DIY-ed home decor, and other small trinkets that add a personal touch. Apothecary jars are a great way to fill up space and fill with decor to accent the theme. For example, the photo below shows one jar filled with pine cones you can find in the yard, and the other ties in some gold accents with sparkling gold ornaments.
Leave a comment
Also in Articles
At Willow And Grace Designs, we believe our home is an extension of our personalities, and we love to help people find ways to make their homes speak for them! Sometimes that is easier said than done, and I know I have dealt with frustrating situations where I have a vision of how I want a room or area to look, and it ends up feeling "off." I usually have to step away for a moment to take a fresh look and find what part I need to change. Many times it is minor tweaks that change the whole look.
Usually, I can blame it on one of these five common decor mistakes that unintentionally creep to decorating. Check these out and see if you are falling victim to one or more of these common decor faux pas!
I don’t believe working from home is going anywhere. It seems that more and more employers realize that jobs can be done remotely and that we are superheroes that can balance home, work and do it all in style!
Check out these links to these stylish products that will drop on your doorstep in two days!
At Willow and Grace Designs, we do care, and we read every comment, email, or review or consumers send us and use them to move our business forward. One of the most asked questions that we get is:
What anchors should I be using to hang my shelf?